ALS To Lead Pilot Plant Phase 1
Blackstone Minerals Limited (ASX:BSX) has appointed Tier 1 engineering, minerals processing and metallurgical consultants Wood and ALS to perform critical roles in the delivery of the Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) at the Ta Khoa Refinery (TKR), Vietnam.
Wood – Lead Engineering Consultant for the Ta Khoa DFS
• Wood is recognised in the industry as a leading hydrometallurgical group with vast experience in the project delivery of pressure oxidation (POX) technology
• Çöpler Gold process plant, Turkey (2019) – Engineering, Procurement , Construction & Management (EPCM) of a 5,000t/day refractory gold sulfide through POX (project value ~$US750m)
• Other relevant hydrometallurgical projects include Macraes, Anglo Platinum’s Rustenburg Base Metal Refinery, Chelopech, Corrego do Sitio, Cawse, Ravensthorpe, Niqueldo Vermelho and Kansanshi.
• Wood has experience delivering throughout South-East Asia, and with offices in Vietnam and Thailand will ensure compliance with regulations in Vietnam
• Wood provides full life-cycle engineering services from scoping studies through to DFS and extending to project execution. ALS – Lead for Pilot Plant Phase 1
• ALS is a global leader in metallurgical testing and has been selected based on completing numerous hydrometallurgical piloting campaigns similar to that required for the TKR
• ALS will perform a hydrometallurgical test work program, which will provide design criteria support and generate engineering data required for the TKR Refinery DFS design
• Blackstone will provide concentrate samples from the Ban Phuc mine as well as third party concentrate for piloting across two campaigns
• Campaign 1 – continuous pilot plant to produce a MHP intermediate product from blended concentrate
• Campaign 2 – continuous pilot plant campaign to produce battery grade NCM811 from MHP intermediate product
• Pilot Plant Phase 1 will be performed in Perth Western Australia using ALS laboratories and equipment.
“Blackstone has engaged world class engineering consultants Wood and ALS to build on the compelling Pre-feasibility Study for the TKR completed in July,” Managing Director, Scott Williamson, said.
“We are excited to be working with Wood and ALS, and their impressive credentials are validation of the quality of the TKR project. Blackstone is confident in delivering a DFS that boasts the highest technical rigour, ready by the middle of next year to align with critical financing milestones including supply & customer offtakes, as well as debt financing.”
Wood is a Tier-1 engineering consultancy providing consulting, project delivery and asset management solutions to the resources, energy and infrastructure sectors. As lead engineer to BSX, Wood will be responsible for providing project management, project controls, engineering, cost estimating and execution planning services for the TKR plant design, including auxiliary services and utilities.
ALS is a global leader in providing laboratory testing, inspection, certification and verification solutions. In addition to performing pilot test work, ALS will also conduct a peer review on the TKR PFS process flow sheet, including bench scale confirmatory test work to confirm pilot plant operating parameters ahead of piloting.
ALS Metallurgy Services is the market leader in the provisions of process flowsheet development metallurgical testwork from bench right through to pilot and demonstration plants. With a full-service delivery business model backed by state-of-the-art comprehensive facilities, ALS Metallurgy covers all aspects of process flowsheet development testwork and associated services
For further information please visit: https://www.blackstoneminerals.com.au/