Benjamin Hill Mining Corp.(CSE: BNN) has received “encouraging”additional assay results from the Sonora Gold Project in Mexico.
This round of assays focused on mineralised structures in the El Fierro Zone. The drilling programme explored for the presence and continuity of metallic mineralisation found in outcroppings at surface in epithermal veins, skarn zones and hydrothermal breccias. BHM also tested for a possible magmatic source of mineralisation as indicated by chargeability highs in the recent IP/Resistivity geophysical survey.
The El Fierro Zone area encompasses 958 hectares out of a total 6391 hectares on the Project. Eleven exploratory drill holes totalling 1,589 meters were completed to test two vein systems and a skarn occurrence. The first vein system oriented in a northwest – southeast direction, dipping shallowly to the northeast and is mapped at surface approaching 1.2 km in length.
These veins are composed of quartz-barite with sulphides and primary oxides. The second vein system contains a sets of parallel vein breccias striking northeast to southwest and dipping steeply to the southeast. The veins are composed of quartz, with primary sulphides, primary oxides, and hydroxides. The second vein system is mapped at surface for 3.9 km. All the veins are hosted in granites and a volcano-sedimentary sequence.
The El Fierro Zone also hosts artisanal pits and shallow shafts, developed for the exploitation of quartz-barite veins-breccias containing copper mineralisation.
President Greg Bronson said the results of the programme are very encouraging with drill holes SGB-22-19, SGB-22-20, SGB-22-21, SGB-22-23, SGB-22-26, SGB-22-27, and SGB-22-31 intersecting mineralised veins of the first vein system.
- SGB-22-23 – 1.25 m of 0.25% Cu from 18.5 m – 19.75m
- SGB-22-24 – 1.25 m of 0.67 % Cu from 26.5 m – 27.75 m
- SGB-22-26 – 0.95 m of 0.39 g/t Au from 4.35 m – 5.3 m, and a 2nd intersection with an additional 1.5 m of 0.25% Cu from 4.35 m – 8.0 m
- Including 1.45 m of 0.26% Cu from 5.3 m – 6.75 m, 1.5 m of 0.25% Cu from 42.3 m – 43.8 m, and 0.95 m with 0.39 g/t Au.
- SGB-22-27 – 1.7 m of 0.25 % Cu from 52.85 m to 54.55 m, a second interval of 3.1 m of 0.70% Cu, with 1.1 m of 1.44 % Cu from 90.8 m – 93.9 m
- Previously reported drill hole SGB-22-21: 3 m of 3.54% Cu in drill hole
- Including 0.6 m of 10% Cu, 2.11 g/t Au and 52 g/t Ag from 11.5 m – 14.6 m
- Drill holes SGB-22-28, SGB-22-29 and SGB-22-30 intersected the second vein system which strikes north-east south-west and dips steeply to the southeast. Notably, drill hole SGB-22-30 cut several veins composed of quartz, sulfides, primary oxides and hydroxides.
- Drill hole SGB-22-24 encountered disseminated copper oxide mineralisation in a skarn.
- SGB-22-30 – 0.4 m of 4.42 g/t Au from 127.8 m -128.2 m and 0.45 m of 0.55 % Cu and 0.4 g/t Au from 184.8 m – 185.25 m
- SGB-22-31 – 1.8 m of 0.41 % Cu, with 0.5 m with 0.36 g/t Au.
“The El Fierro area hosts several prospective mineralised veins that have returned encouraging copper and gold assays from near surface intervals. Additionally, good gold assays at depth confirm a metals enriched hydrothermal system that merits further investigation,” Mr Bronson said.
For further information please visit: https://www.benjaminhillmining.com/