Baselode Energy Corp. (TSXV: FIND) has obtained positive final geochemical assay results from a 22,500 metre diamond drill programme on the ACKIO high-grade uranium discovery at the Hook project, Athabasca Basin area, northern Saskatchewan.
“These final drill results continue to expand the scope of ACKIO,” James Sykes, CEO, President and Director of Baselode, said.
“The results from drill hole AK22-066 indicate that we likely clipped the margin of another large mineralised zone to the west, similar to the results from AK22-063 (59.85 m of composite mineralisation starting at 40.3 m true vertical depth.
“This will be a drill priority target for early 2023. ACKIO’s broad intersections have grades equal to or better than other uranium mining jurisdictions. ACKIO is near-surface, high-grade uranium mineralisation with open pit mining potential in proximity to infrastructure and multiple licensed uranium mills.”
Drill hole highlights include:
- AK22-014: 0.27% U3O8 over 3.5 m at 156.85 m (135.8 m true vertical depth) includes 0.55% U3O8 over 0.5 m at 158.3 m and 0.51% U3O8 over 0.5 m at 159.3
- AK22-015: 0.13% U3O8 over 7.35 m at 176.9 m (153.2 m true vertical depth)
- AK22-018: 34.8 m of composite mineralisation including 0.43% U3O8 over 2.65 m at 164.45 m (142.4 m true vertical depth) includes 0.76% U3O8 over 0.6 m at 165.0 m, 0.10% U3O8 over 9.05 m at 200.55 m (173.7 m true vertical depth) includes 0.70% U3O8 over 0.4 m at 201.0 m, 0.11% U3O8 over 12.45 m at 218.1 m (188.9 m true vertical depth)
- AK22-019: 0.13% U3O8 over 12.45 m at 229.25 m (162.1 m true vertical depth) includes 1.05% U3O8 over 0.5 m at 239.7 m
- AK22-039: 30.1 m of composite mineralisation including 0.12% U3O8 over 9.0 m at 40.8 m (37.0 m true vertical depth); 0.14% U3O8 over 16.5 m at 156.45 m (141.8 m true vertical depth), includes 0.55% U3O8 over 1.0 m at 167.45 m
- AK22-040: 0.19% U3O8 over 22.5 m at 115.15 m (81.4 m true vertical depth) includes 0.72% U3O8 over 0.5 m at 128.15 m
- AK22-041: 0.14% U3O8 over 4.0 m at 117.8 m (106.8 m true vertical depth) includes 0.78% U3O8 over 0.5 m at 118.3 m
- AK22-064: 0.15% U3O8 over 7.5 m at 115.05 m (104.3 m true vertical depth)
- AK22-066: 37.5 m of composite mineralisation including, 0.14% U3O8 over 24.0 m at 107.5 m (107.1 m true vertical depth) includes 0.55% U3O8 over 0.5 m at 127.5 m and 0.64% U3O8 over 0.5 m at 129.0 m
Baselode started the Programme on February 9, 2022 and completed the Programme on August 2, 2022, with 78 drill holes (AK22-005 to AK22-080, and HK22-007), including one abandoned drill hole (AK22-048), for a total of 22,485.85 m.
Fifty of 76 drill holes at ACKIO intersected uranium mineralisation.
Geochemical U3O8 assay results from drill holes AK22-012 to AK22-019, AK22-039 to AK22-041, AK22-064, AK22-066 and AK22-075 to AK22-080 were provided by Saskatchewan Research Council’s Geoanalytical Laboratory (SRC) in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The assay methodology includes SRCs “U3O8 Wt% Assay” analysis package where an aliquot of sample pulp is digested in a concentration of HCL:HNO3. The digested volume is then made up with deionized water for analysis by ICP-OES.
For further information please visit: https://baselode.com/