Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. (TSX: ASM) has completed an updated mineral resource estimate (MRE) that includes the Elena Tolosa (ET) deposit, the San Gonzalo deposit, and the Oxide Tailings deposit. Inaugural MREs have also been included on the Guadalupe and La Potosina deposits.
Avino Property Highlights (Comparisons are to 2020 Mineral Resource Estimate on the Avino Property)
- 161 million measured and indicated silver equivalent ounces, an increase of 38%, made up of:
- 70 million silver ounces, an increase of 35%
- 136.7 thousand copper tonnes, an increase of 18%
- 596 thousand gold ounces, an increase of 23%, contained in:
- 34.7 million measured and indicated metric tonnes, increase of 28% overall, also
- 70 million inferred silver equivalent ounces, an increase of 90%
Oxide Tailings Highlights (Comparisons are to 2020 Mineral Resource Estimate on the Avino Property)
- 5.7Mt of measured and indicated mineral resources, an increase of 407%
- 17.4 million measured and indicated silver equivalent ounces, an increase of 287%
“We are thrilled to deliver this updated mineral resource representing another milestone for Avino on our path to transformational growth,” President and CEO, David Wolfin, said.
“This update is a significant boost to our overall consolidated mineral resources at the Avino property, with the new ounces coming in at a cost of $0.05 per discovered silver equivalent ounce – an incredible achievement. The updated mineral resource estimate provides us with a strong long-term outlook.
“We have increased the grade at ET, added significant silver and gold resources to both the measured and indicated category for the oxide tailings deposit, and put out an inaugural resource for the exciting recently explored areas.
“Together with the previously reported mineral resources on our new La Preciosa property, the consolidated mineral resources total 368 million silver equivalent ounces in the measured, indicated, and inferred categories.
“The Avino property is a long-life asset. Finally, I would like to express my appreciation to the entire Avino team for their contributions in this achievement of resource increase. The 2023 exploration program is underway with 8,000m of drilling planned.”
The total measured and indicated mineral resource tonnage in all deposits totals 34.6 million metric tonnes containing
- 160.8Moz of silver equivalent, comprised of 69.96Moz of silver, 596,650oz of gold, and 301.4 million pounds of copper.
The total inferred mineral resource tonnage in all deposits totals 19.3Mt, consisting of 69.61Moz of silver equivalent comprised of 28.42Moz of silver, 212,640oz of gold, and 158.49 million pounds of copper.
For further information please visit: https://avino.com/