Ascot Resources Ltd. (TSX: AOT | OTCQX: AOTVF) has received the second batch of assay results from the 2023 exploration drill programme at the company’s Premier Gold Project, located on Nisga’a Nation Treaty Lands in the prolific Golden Triangle, British Columbia.
These are the final results from surface drilling for in-fill and exploration purposes at the Prew Zone in the Premier deposit, southeast of the Premier mill.
- 18.93g/t Au over 6.87m from a depth of 278.1m in hole P23-2475, including 44.55g/t Au over 2.30m
- 21.98g/t Au over 4.28m from a depth of 279.2m in hole P23-2472, including 85.80g/t Au over 1.05m
- 23.24g/t Au over 3.86m from a depth of 290.1m in hole P23-2480, including 55.00g/t Au over 1.00m and including an occurrence of coarse, visible gold
- 28.45g/t Au over 2.51m from a depth of 318.8m in hole P23-2476, including 55.00g/t Au over 1.18m
- 42.20g/t Au over 1.68m from a depth of 274.8m in hole P23-2471
Derek White, president, and CEO commented, “With seven assays grading over an ounce per tonne gold in just these 12 holes, we are pleased with the high-grade tenor of the drill results, and better than expected sizes and grades in the Prew Zone. Development work recently commenced on the Premier portal and decline which will access the Prew Zone anticipated in early 2024 prior to mill start-up and initial gold production.”
“Intercepting more high-grade gold in existing stope shapes and finding extensions and new lenses of mineralization is encouraging, especially for an area so near term in the mine plan. The Prew Zone of the Premier deposit will be Ascot’s second mining area and will help compliment the existing mining at the Big Missouri deposit, which was initially developed last year.” Said Mr. White.
After completing 16 holes at Prew, drilling shifted to Big Missouri and the Day Zone where two drill rigs have since completed 5,368m of drilling in 62 drill holes, and assays for these holes are pending. Ascot expects the 2023 drill campaign to conclude within the next 10 days.
To find out more, please visit www.ascotgold.com
To read more articles like this, please visit www.theassay.com/news