Ascendant Resources Inc. (TSX: ASND | OTCQB: ASDRF | FRA: 2D9) has revealed assay results from six metallurgical holes drilled between November 2021 and March 2022 at the Venda Nova deposit at its Lagoa Salgada Project, Portugal.
The company says that scope of the programme was designed to generate fresh representative samples to optimize the metal recoveries from the various ore types seen within the Venda Nova as part of the ongoing metallurgical testwork.
Drill results currently being reported have outlined continuous intervals of high grade mineralized in the north zone throughout the different domains and several corridors of fissural ore in the southern zone.
Mark Brennan, Ascendant Resources’ chairman, said that the high-grade tenor of these results is expected to significantly increase the contained metal in both deposits.
“Our metallurgical and infill drilling program continues to enhance the potential resource and economic opportunity we see at Lagoa Salgada and these exceptional high-grade results and new enrichment blanket demonstrate we are still in the early stages of understanding the mineral endowment at the Venda Nova area.
“With these strong results we continue to focus on rapidly progressing our feasibility study. However, we continue to believe there is still significant upside at Venda Nova and the greater Lagoa Salgada land package,” said Mr Brennan.
Drill hole highlights include (apparent width):
- 109.0m @ 20.15 % ZnEq. 1 from 167m (6.03% Zn, 0.33% Cu, 5.14% Pb, 1.67g/t Au, 118.35g/t Ag and 0.20% Sn) including:
- 6.0m @ 9.06% CuEq.1 from 176m (0.12% Zn, 1.25% Cu, 4.68% Pb, 2.57g/t Au, 401g/t Ag and 0.23% Sn) (newly defined Secondary Massive Sulphide zone)
- 78.5m @ 22.72% ZnEq.1 from 182m (8.17% Zn, 0.26% Cu, 6.57% Pb, 1.60g/t Au, 105g/t Ag and 0.20% Sn) (Primary Massive Sulphide zone)
- 84.6m @ 8.95% ZnEq. 1 from 161.9m (1.61% Zn, 0.35% Cu, 2.28% Pb, 0.40g/t Au, 53.36g/t Ag and 0.21% Sn)
- 48.9m @ 11.68 % ZnEq. 1 from 143.1m (0.34% Zn, 0.41% Cu, 1.65% Pb, 1.55g/t Au, 103.83g/t Ag, and 0.26% Sn)
- 46.2m @ 15.43% ZnEq. 1 from 151.1m (4.55% Zn, 0.28% Cu, 4.09%Pb, 0.83g/t Au, 129.04g/t Ag and 0.14% Sn)
- 18m @ 2.59% CuEq. 1 from 227.0m (2.55% Zn, 0.79% Cu, 1.84% Pb, 0.11g/t Au and 35.00g/t Ag)
- 12m @ 1.94% CuEq. 1 from 365m (2.25% Zn, 0.79% Cu, 0.59% Pb, 0.04g/t Au and 19.67g/t Ag)
In addition, the new holes (and incorporating previous results) have now identified a new subdomain within the massive sulphides in the north zone.
This new subdomain is characterized by a secondary enrichment blanket, rich in both copper and silver. Ascendant expects that the increased understanding of the various domains will improve the accuracy of metallurgical testing and subsequent results.
To find out more, visit https://www.ascendantresources.com/Home/default.aspx