Drills 102.07 g/t Gold Over 6.10m At High Grade Zone
Amex Exploration Inc. (TSXV: AMX) OTCQX: AMXEF) has obtained a number of significant gold intersections from a multitude of drill holes focused on expansion and definition drilling of the High Grade Zone (HGZ) at the Perron Project in Quebec.
Executive Chairman, Jacques Trottier, said the latest results are focused on on-strike expansion as well as definition drilling of the High Grade Zone as the company works towards its maiden resource on the Perron Project.
Amex is also awaiting results on over 17,359 samples at three labs from holes targeting the HGZ and Denise, as well as regional exploration drilling.
“I am very excited with today’s results for several reasons,” Mr Trottier said.
“Firstly, we have drilled the highest grade hole at depth to date with hole PE-21-386W1 returning 102.07 grams per tonne of gold over 6.10m.
“We can now trace the high-grade core of the HGZ over 800 vertical metres which is a very significant development in the expansion of this important zone.
“Also, it clearly demonstrates the zone is richer at depth and wider along strike. In addition to this very high-grade drill hole, our shallower drilling on the Western portion of the HGZ has significantly expanded the ‘bonanza’ area of the HGZ proving the super high-grade core is continuous.
“The HGZ is becoming one of the richest single gold zones of all the Canadian Archean orogenic gold deposits ever discovered.
“Almost every hole we drill confirms expansion, both laterally and vertically and significantly increases its overall grade and gold content per vertical metre.
“In addition to this, we recently reported a new copper rich VMS zone. Follow us closely, we are delivering and awaiting results from 18 holes which contain visible gold.”
Highlights from the Deeper (Eastern) High Grade Zone include:
- 102.07 g/t Au over 6.10 m, including 822.49 g/t Au over 0.60 m, for a metal factor of 623 at a vertical depth of approximately 870 m in hole PE-21-386W1;
- 29.62 g/t Au over 8.40 m, including 333.42 g/t Au over 0.50 m, for a metal factor of 249 at a vertical depth of approximately 1,120 m in hole PE-21-318;
- 37.59 g/t Au over 6.20 m, including 356.58 g/t Au over 0.50 m, for a metal factor of 233 at a vertical depth of approximately 1,070 m in hole PE-21-287;
- 17.01 g/t Au over 7.40 m, including 136.18 g/t Au over 0.75 m, for a metal factor of 126 at a vertical depth of approximately 500 m in hole PE-21-360; and
- 10.21 g/t Au over 7.40 m, including 109.53 g/t Au over 0.60 m, for a metal factor of 76 at a vertical depth of approximately 660 m in hole PE-21-360W1.
Highlights from the Shallower (Western) High Grade Zone include:
- 84.02 g/t Au over 5.60 m, including 540.06 g/t Au over 0.50 m and 386.58 g/t Au over 0.50 m, for a metal factor of 471 at a vertical depth of approximately 170 m in hole PE-21-391;
- 21.75 g/t Au over 14.90 m, including 136.06 g/t Au over 1.95 m, for a metal factor of 324 at a vertical depth of approximately 190 m in hole PE-21-367;
- 11.97 g/t Au over 6.95 m, including 77.51 g/t Au over 1.00 m, for a metal factor of 83 at a vertical depth of approximately 120 m in hole PE-21-371.
For further information please visit: https://www.amexexploration.com