Altus Strategies Plc (AIM: ALS, TSXV: ALTS) has commenced a combined 35,000m Reverse Circulation (RC), Air Core (AC) and auger drilling programme at the Tabakorole gold project located in southern Mali.
Tabakorole is subject to a Joint Venture with Marvel Gold Limited, Altus holds a 49% equity interest and 2.5% Net Smelter Return (NSR) royalty on the Project. Exploration activities at Tabakorole are being funded by Marvel.
- Significant drilling programme underway at the Tabakorole gold project in southern Mali
- 5,000m RC drilling to infill the north-west extension of the deposit and test priority targets
- 15,000m AC and 15,000m auger programmes to test additional targets
- Tabakorole hosts a mineral deposit for which an MRE has been generated comprising:
- 17,300,000 tonnes at 1.2 g/t gold for 665,000 ounces in the Inferred category
- 9,200,000 tonnes at 1.2 g/t Au for 360,000 ounces in the Indicated category
- 70% of the MRE is situated within 150m of the surface
- MRE remains open in parallel zones and at depth
- Preliminary high metallurgical recoveries indicate simple processing flowsheet
“The Tabakorole gold project in southern Mali is being advanced aggressively by Marvel Gold, our ASX listed JV partner. A combined 35,000m RC, AC and auger drilling programme has commenced to test the potential north-west extension to the mineral resource area as well as numerous other targets across the Project,” Chief Executive, Steven Poulton, said.
“Last month we announced that the Tabakorole deposit has grown to over a million ounces in all categories. Drilling undertaken this year has continued to demonstrate consistent thicknesses and grades over the Project’s 3.2km strike length and also resulted in the discovery of two shallow, higher-grade zones of mineralisation adjacent to the existing deposit.
With excellent initial metallurgical gold recoveries averaging 97%, Tabakorole is shaping up as a significant potential gold development project in west Africa with substantial upside. I look forward to updating shareholders on the outcomes of the current drill programmes in due course.”
The planned 35,000m drilling programme comprises 5,000m of RC drilling, 15,000m of AC drilling and 15,000m of auger drilling. The RC drilling is designed to infill the north-west extension at the Tabakorole deposit, as well as testing a number of priority targets which are proximal to the deposit. The AC and auger programmes are designed to test earlier stage geochemical anomalies, to generate tighter targets for potential deeper follow up AC, RC or diamond drilling.
Tabakorole: Mineral Resource Estimate
Tabakorole hosts a deposit for which an MRE of 360,000 ounces at 1.2 g/t Au (Indicated resources) and 665,000 ounces at 1.2 g/t Au (Inferred resources) in both oxide and fresh domains has been made.
Project remains open down-dip and along strike. Currently, 70% of the MRE is situated within 150m of surface.
For further information please visit: https://www.altus-strategies.com/