Altiplano Metals Inc. (TSXV: APN) (WKN: A2JNFG) has received positive assay results from five additional drill holes at its recently completed exploration drilling programme at the Farellon copper-gold (Cu-Au) mine located near La Serena, Chile.
- A total of 20 holes have been drilled at Farellon completing the program with a cumulative total of 3,634 metres of drilling.
- Assay results from all 20 holes drilled to-date have been received with six new holes reported.
- All additional holes have intersected the mineralised vein system at depth observed up to 24 m below the current 360 m operational level and along the NE-SW strike extensions.
- Exploration holes at Drill Station 2 have yielded strong results below the existing workings in the NE section, including new results reported at 3.18% Cu over 3.67 m, 2.85% Cu over 3.97 m and 3.24% Cu over 2.68 m. Previous reported results from this area include 2.97% Cu over 4.86 m
- The drill results further demonstrate the mineralised areas observed in the core are consistent with the mineralised areas of the upper zones of the Farellon vein system that were previously drilled and consistent with results from the ongoing mining operations. Since 2018, the grade at Farellon has averaged 1.74% Cu through the extraction and sales of Cu-Au material.
- Overall, the drill results are excellent and support the potential to increase the amount of mineralsed tonnage available for extraction along strike and at depth.
- The El Peñón processing facility, currently in construction, will include an iron separation unit which will provide opportunity to capture significant secondary revenue from the sale of iron in future operations. Altiplano expects to utilize lower grade copper zones in the coming quarters with additional revenue expected from iron recovery.
- In the 20 reported intervals from the completed drill campaign, the average iron content is 35.5%.
“The 2021 drilling programme has expanded the areas of known mineralisation at Farellon by confirming the extension of the vein system at depth and along strike,” CEO Alastair McIntyre said.
“Our positive drill data provides the confidence to continue the underground expansion of our operations to target these newly confirmed mineralised zones.
“In addition, we will use this information to conduct a comprehensive review to realize improvements in grade control and development efficiency to further enhance our operations at Farellon.”
For further information please visit: https://www.metalsgroup.com/