Alphamin Resources Corp. (TSXV:AFM), a producer of 4% of the world’s mined tin from its high-grade operation in the Democratic Republic of Congo, has released an updated Mpama South Mineral Resource estimate.
- Mpama South updated Inferred Resource up 46% to 4.99Mt based on assays from 22 additional extensional drillholes. Mpama South Mineral Resource now stands at:
- 0.84Mt @ 2.53% Sn for 21.4kt contained tin in the Indicated category; and
- 4.99Mt @ 2.50% Sn for 124.7kt contained tin in the Inferred category
- Significant additional resource growth potential at Mpama South
- Mpama South in-fill drilling on track for completion by July 2022, extension drilling recommences in June 2022
- Mpama South early development works in progress – project completion expected to increase Alphamin’s annual contained tin production from the current 12,000tpa to ~20,000tpa, approximating 6.6% of the world’s mined tin
Mpama South Updated Mineral Resource Estimate
The updated Mineral Resource for Mpama South follows two months after the previous update announced on 29 March 2022 and three months after the Maiden Mineral Resource announced March 7, 2022. The update is based on further receipt of assays for another 22 extensional drillholes completed subsequent to the previous estimate which was based on 102 drillholes.
Following the receipt of assays for the additional 22 drillholes, an updated Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE) for the Mpama South project was completed. The MRE now includes results from 124 drillholes as well as 6 drillholes in the Wedge area from the earlier drilling to 2015. The MRE was estimated using the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) Best Practice Guidelines (2019) and is reported in accordance with the 2014 CIM Definition Standards.
The Mineral Resource is classified into the Indicated and Inferred categories and is reported at a base case tin grade of 1.0%, which satisfies reasonable prospects for economic extraction. Mpama South Inferred Resources increased by 46% to 4.99Mt.
Extensional drilling down dip and in the shallower northern portion of Mpama South will re-commence in June 2022 to carry on extending known mineralisation which is still open in multiple directions. The Company targets releasing expanded Mpama South MRE updates throughout the remainder of the drilling phases in 2022 as assays are received.
Early-Works Progress on the Development of Mpama South
Early works completed to date since the Company’s announcement of the development decision on March 29, 2022 are as follows:
- EPCM contract awarded to Obsideo (who successfully executed the fine tin plant in 2021)
- Long lead time plant capital orders have been placed as well as steel structure orders
- Mpama South access road completed and site clearing commenced
- Bidding completed and under evaluation for bulk earthworks and civil contracts
For further information please visit: https://alphaminresources.com/