Ultra High-Grade Zinc Discovery at Ayawilca
TSX-V: TK, OTCQB: TKRFF
Tinka’s flagship property is the Ayawilca Zinc-Silver project, located 200km northeast of Lima, in the Pasco region of central Peru. Ayawilca is a carbonate replacement deposit (CRD), an important style of economic silver-zinc-lead mineralization in central Peru (mined deposits include the Cerro de Pasco and Morococha mines).
The Ayawilca Zinc Zone was discovered by Tinka in 2012 and the company has drilled ~100,000m at the property as of March 2023. Ayawilca has now grown into one of the largest zinc-silver resources held by a junior company. A Preliminary Economic Assessment dated 14 October 2021 indicates that Ayawilca has the potential to be a top-10 global zinc producer.
Tinka owns 460km2 of contiguous mining concessions in central Peru with excellent geological potential for more discoveries and with good access to water and power. The Ayawilca project is located 40km northwest of the Cerro de Pasco mine (copper-zinc-lead-silver), and 100km south of the giant Antamina mine (copper-zinc). A 220KV power line crosses the project.
- 100% ownership of the Ayawilca Zinc–Silver Project in Peru with 3.0Blbs zinc & 10Moz silver (2021 indicated resources) and 5.7Blbs Zinc & 31Moz silver (2021 inferred resources) in Zinc Zone at PEA stage
- Ayawilca upside: exploration potential for additional zinc, silver, and tin (Tin Zone not included in PEA)
- Strategic investors: Mining companies with Peru expertise, Buenaventura, and Nexa, both have significant stakes in the company
- Experienced and successful team with a track record in Peru
- Fully-funded for 2023 work programmes with strong cash position
- Ultra high-grade zinc discovery made at South Ayawilca in 2023: Hole A22-202: 39m at 20% zinc including 10m at 42% zinc; Hole A23-212: 145m at 11% zinc including 29m at 20% zinc
- Next steps: Resource update Q2 2023, more drilling, and advancing project towards development