Portfolio of Clean Energy Metals Projects in Western Australia
Nickel, Copper, Cobalt, PGEs
St George’s experienced in-house team has established a pipleline of four quality exploration assets – all prospective for large-scale battery metals opportunities – and at varying stages of development.
At its flagship Mt Alexander Project, St George has discovered high-grade nickel-copper- cobalt-PGE mineralization which commences just 30m below surface and occurs over a 5.5km strike of the Cathedrals Belt. Drilling and development studies are ongoing. Significant lithium potential has also been identified through an increasing number of lithium-bearing pegmatite outcrops.
Copper and gold are the commodity targets at the Paterson Project, located in the East Pilbara about 50km north-east of Rio Tinto’s major Winu deposit. A maiden diamond drill programme is underway.
The Ajana and Broadview Projects are located near the western margin of the Yilgarn Craton and have potential for a greenfields discovery of large-scale intrusion hosted nickel-copper-PGE mineralization.
High-Grade Ni-Cu-Co-PGEs and Lithium
- Massive sulphides discovered 30m from surface and open along strike and depth
- Intrusive nickel sulphide system like many North American deposits and Nova-Bollinger in WA
- Thick mineralized intrusive units identified by deeper drilling, supporting potential for significant volumes of mineralization at depth
- Located near major operating mines, including BHP’s flagship WA nickel assets
New Lithium Potential
- High-grade lithium mineralisation confirmed by assays of pegmatite outcrop with values including 2.72% Li2O, 756ppm Cs, 60ppm Ta2O5 and 11,530ppm Rb and 1.97% Li2O, 715ppm Cs, 166ppm Ta2O5 and 13,765ppm Rb
- Lithium bearing pegmatite outcrop identified along a 1.7km interval of a prospective pegmatite corridor that extends north-south for more than 15km and is up to 1.4km wide
- Interpreted to be the same lithium mineral system as the significant lithium discoveries at the Mt Ida Project of Red Dirt Metals (ASX: RDT) where a maiden mineral resource is pending
- Maiden lithium drill program scheduled for calendar Q4 2022
Full Company Profile
Request Company Updates
The Assay TV – John Prineas, Executive Chairman, St George Mining (ASX:SGQ) – 19/9/2022
Latest Featured Articles