Portfolio of Clean Energy Metals Projects in Western Australia
Nickel, Copper, Cobalt, PGEs
St George’s experienced in-house team has established a pipleline of quality exploration assets – all prospective for large-scale battery metals opportunities – and at varying stages of development.
At its flagship Mt Alexander project, assay results to date from the 2023 RC drilling programme at the Jailbreak Lithium prospect have returned thick intersections of lithium with peak values of 1.77% Li2O and 1.49% Li2O.
Seven new lithium projects were recently acquired by St George’s subsidiary, Lithium Star Pty Ltd. These are all located in Western Australia in sought after hard-rock lithium addresses.
The Woolgangie project, located in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia, is an early-stage project with numerous opportunities for discovery of economic mineral deposits including Li , Ni, REEs, and Cu.
The Ajana and Broadview projects are located near the western margin of the Yilgarn Craton and have potential for a greenfields discovery of large-scale intrusion hosted nickel-copper-PGE mineralization.
St George has forged strategic relationships with four world leading lithium-ion battery companies with financial and technical capability to support the growth of St George’s lithium business: Amperex Technology Limited; Shanghai Jayson Co., Ltd; SVOLT Energy Technology Co., Ltd; and Sunwoda Co., Ltd.
Mt Alexander Project
High-Grade Ni-Cu-Co-PGEs and Lithium
Large underexplored high-grade mineral system:
- Four shallow, high-grade discoveries over a 5.5km strike of the east-west trending Cathedrals Belt – potential for mineralization deeper and along strike
- Style of mineralization at the Cathedrals Belt is very rare – combination of high-grade nickel, copper, cobalt, and platinum group metals
Metallurgical test work supports commercial potential:
- XPS (a Glencore company) completed test work (through conventional flotation)
- 27.8% Cu concentrate, and 11.5% Ni concentrate with potential to optimize
- Strong credits for PGEs (70% Pd, 10% Rh), Ag, Au, and Co
New Lithium Province
- St George holds a large part of the new Mt Ida Lithium province that is being actively explored for pegmatite hosted lithium
- 2023 drilling in progress, 20,000m programme to test for the extensions of the lithium bearing pegmatites
- Assay results to date from the 2023 RC drilling programme at the Jailbreak Lithium prospect have returned further intersections of lithium with peak values of 1.77% Li2O and 1.49% Li2O
- Thick pegmatite at 1,000m long Manta Prospect: exceptional 121m thick pegmatite interval, with total 225m of pegmatite in the drill hole