Developing a High-Grade Nickel-Copper Sulphide Project in the Heart of Western Australia’s Goldfields
Nickel | Copper | Cobalt | PGEs
At its flagship Mt Alexander Project in Western Australia, St George boasts one of Australia’s latest nickel-copper sulphide discoveries. High-grade nickel-copper-sulphide-PGE mineralization occurs from just 30m below surface and over a 5.5km strike of the Cathedrals Belt.
The discovery continues to grow with ongoing definition drilling delivering further significant intersections of high grade mineralization. This major discovery comes at a time when the electric vehicle (EV) revolution and trend to alternative energy storage systems is gaining momentum. Demand for nickel sulphide – a critical battery metal – is forecast to surge with an upswing in the nickel price already underway.
Preliminary metallurgical testing of the massive sulphides at Mt Alexander produced concentrate with 18% nickel and 32% copper with high values for cobalt and PGEs. Our other projects – the Paterson and Broadview Projects – are located in exploration hotspots in Western Australia and provide additional value for the company.
Exceptional High-Grade Mineralization:
- Massive sulphides discovered 30m from surface and open along strike and depth
- New style of mineralization in the region with high grades of nickel, copper, cobalt, and platinum group metals
- Preliminary metallurgical test work produced 18% nickel and 32% copper concentrates
- Testwork confirms potential to produce two separate commercial attractive concentrates
- Pipeline of regional nickel prospects
Foundation for Development:
- Tier-1 mining jurisdiction in Western Australia
- Near major nickel operations, including BHP’s flagship nickel mines
- Access to existing infrastructure, including roads and power
- Established route to market
Full Company Profile
Request Company Updates
The Assay TV – John Prineas, Executive Chairman, St George Mining (ASX:SGQ) – 10/12/2021
Latest Featured Articles