Portfolio of Clean Energy Metals Projects in Western Australia
Nickel, Copper, Cobalt, PGEs
St George’s experienced in-house team has established a pipleline of four quality exploration assets – all prospective for large-scale battery metals opportunities – and at varying stages of development.
At its flagship Mt Alexander Project, St George has discovered high-grade nickel- copper- cobalt-PGE mineralization which commences just 30m below surface and occurs over a 5.5km strike of the Cathedrals Belt. Drilling and development studies are ongoing. Significant lithium potential has also been identified through an increasing number of lithium-bearing pegmatite outcrops and recent drilling success.
Copper and gold are the commodity targets at the Paterson Project, located in the East Pilbara about 50km north-east of Rio Tinto’s major Winu deposit. A maiden diamond drill programme is underway.
The Ajana and Broadview Projects are located near the western margin of the Yilgarn Craton and have potential for a greenfields discovery of large-scale intrusion hosted nickel-copper-PGE mineralization.
High-Grade Ni-Cu-Co-PGEs and Lithium
- St George expands its landholding at Mt Alexander with the 100% acquisition of Exploration Licence E29/1143 and application for Prospecting Licence P29/2680 providing St George near- continuous coverage over 15km of the prospective pegmatite corridor
- Massive sulphides discovered 30m from surface and open along strike and depth
- Intrusive nickel sulphide system like many North American deposits and Nova-Bollinger in WA
- Thick mineralized intrusive units identified by deeper drilling, supporting potential for significant volumes of mineralization at depth
- Located near major operating mines, including BHP’s flagship WA nickel assets
- 2023 drill programme scheduled to commence in late February
New Lithium Potential
- Assays up to 3.25% Li2O, 225ppm Cs2O, 53ppm Ta2O5 and 1.24% Rb from rock chip samples confirm lithium-bearing pegmatites
- 23 drill holes (RC and diamond) completed in St George’s maiden lithium drill programme with 20 drill holes intersecting pegmatites with visual lithium-bearing minerals (laboratory assays pending)
- St George signed MoU’s to pursue a strategic relationship for lithium business opportunities with three leading lithium-ion battery companies – Shanghai Jayson Co., Ltd, SVOLT Energy Technology Co., Ltd and Sunwoda Electronic Co., Ltd
Full Company Profile
Request Company Updates
The Assay TV – John Prineas, Executive Chairman, St George Mining (ASX:SGQ) – 19/9/2022
Latest Featured Articles