Newfoundland and Labrador Mineral Exploration
TSX-V: SIC; OTCQB: SICNF
Sokoman Minerals Corp. is a Newfoundland and Labrador based junior mineral exploration company focused on exploration for world-class mineral deposits in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Sokoman’s flagship projects are a strategic group of gold properties located in Central Newfoundland, spearheaded by the Moosehead Gold Project, which has produced numerous high-grade gold intercepts from historical drilling including 2.02 metres of 111.96 grams per tonne gold and 21.19 metres of 9.28 grams per tonne gold. Subsequent to acquiring the property in 2018, Sokoman made a significant discovery at the Eastern Trend, highlighted by drill intercepts of 11.90m grading 44.96 g/t Au, 24.90m grading 33.56 g/t Au and 5.1m grading 124.20 g/t Au, and the zone remains open. The property is conveniently located along the Trans-Canada Highway, approximately 1 hour drive from the assay lab and drilling company home bases.
- Strategically positioned with multiple quality projects along underexplored regional trend, where gold is associated with regional scale structures
- High-grade Eastern Trend Discovery 500m in length (open), 250m down dip (open) and up to 10m thick
- Completed 5 Phases of Drilling at Moosehead (23,378m in 108 holes) with outstanding results, VG in majority of the holes; Phase 6 is underway
- Moosehead mineralization and structure comparable to Kirkland Lake’s high-grade Fosterville Gold Mine in Australia
- The company is well funded and backed by Eric Sprott as one of his first investments into the region