Jaguar: Accelerating Towards the World’s Next Green Nickel Project
Centaurus Metals Limited (ASX: CTM) is an ASX-listed exploration company focused on the development of the advanced Jaguar Nickel Sulphide Project, located in the world-class Carajás Mineral Province in Brazil. This is one of the world’s premier mining addresses, hosting one of the world’s biggest concentrations of large-tonnage mineral deposits. Centaurus completed the acquisition of the Jaguar Project from global mining giant Vale S. A. in April 2020 and has rapidly confirmed the project’s status as a globally significant future source of Class-1 nickel sulphide supply, undertaking a major drilling program, which culminated in the delivery of an updated Mineral Resource Estimate of 58.9Mt grading 0.96% Ni for 562,600t of contained nickel, as of March 2021.
In May 2021, Centaurus delivered a Value-Add development scenario for Jaguar, which contemplates the production of +20,000 tonnes per annum of nickel in sulphate at the Jaguar Project over an initial mine life of ~13 years to support the growing electrification supply chain.
The Company continues its aggressive resource growth and greenfields drilling campaigns with eight diamond and one RC rigs on site. The next JORC Resource upgrade is planned for December 2021.
Centaurus also holds the development-ready Jambreiro Iron Ore Project
- Nickel focus – sustainable high-grade nickel sulphide asset leveraged to strong long-term Class-1 nickel market outlook
- Extremely low carbon footprint – estimated to be lower than 97% of global nickel production
- Favourable infrastructure rich project location – the world-class Carajás Mineral
- Globally Significant Maiden JORC Resource – 58.9Mt @ 0.96% Ni for 562,600t of contained nickel including Indicated component of 20.1Mt @ 1.12% Ni for 225,800t of contained nickel
- Project Scope currently shows Mill Feed of 33.7Mt @ 1.01% Ni for 341,300t of nickel to produce +20ktpa of nickel in sulphate and an MSP over initial mine life of 13 years
- Low capital intensity, low operating costs, and strong cash flow generation (A$252M per annum LOM)
- Strong returns: Post‐tax NPV8 of ~A$1.11B (US$831M) with a post-tax IRR of ~52% @ US$7.50/lb
- Resource and Greenfields growth – deposits open at depth and along strike with outstanding potential for resource growth with further drilling (in-fill and step-out drilling underway); multiple greenfields prospects with walk-up drill targets (65km of drilling in 2021)
- Well funded – ~$16M as of end of September 2021