Jaguar Nickel Sulphide Project: Getting Ready for an Electric Future
focused on the near-term development of the Jaguar Nickel Sulphide Project, located in the world-class Carajás Mineral Province in Northern Brazil – one of the world’s premier mining addresses.
Centaurus completed its acquisition of the Jaguar Project from global mining giant, Vale S.A, in April 2020, delivering the company with an exceptional exploration, growth, and development opportunity in the international nickel sulphide sector.
Following completion of the acquisition, Centaurus immediately commenced a major drilling programme, and has since defined a global Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE) totalling 108.0Mt grading 0.87% Ni for 938,500t of contained nickel. The Measured and Indicated component of the MRE is set to underpin the company’s maiden ore reserve estimate and Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) due for completion mid-2023 and pave the way for a Final Investment Decision (FID) late 2023.
Centaurus completed a positive independent Base Case Scoping Study for the Jaguar Project development in March 2021 (based on conventional mining and processing to produce nickel concentrate), and completed a value-add scoping study in May 2021, which contemplated processing the nickel concentrate using a hydrometallurgical process (POx) to produce battery-grade nickel sulphate for the growing electrification supply chain.
The results of the value-add scoping study provide the company with a high level of confidence that the production of a nickel sulphate product on site at Jaguar is a highly viable option and one that should be aggressively pursued.
- World-class resource with significant growth potential
- Extremely low carbon footprint
- Targeting production of +20ktpa of nickel in sulphate over 13-year life
- Well-funded with ~A$34M in cash to underpin ongoing DFS and exploration
- Highly experienced team with strong mining and corporate experience
- Well-timed to meet forecast shortfall of class-1 nickel
- Outstanding project economics and financial returns
- Favourable infrastructure-rich location in Brazil’s Carajas Province
- Developing a globally significant nickel sulphide asset