Leading Edge Materials
Graphite, Lithium, Cobalt, REE
Leading Edge Materials
TSX:LEM, OTCQX:LEM, FSE:7FL
Leading Edge Materials (“TSX:LEM”) is a Canadian mineral exploration and mining company, with a long-term focus on the Nordic region. LEM’s research and investment is directed towards the production and supply of high-value materials for the emerging lithium-ion battery market. Our extensive experience in minor metals and our European base, place us in a unique position to be a partner of choice as a European lithium-ion battery supply chain develops. The Company is well positioned for anode materials with engineered graphite from our Swedish Woxna mine, and are strategically investing in lithium and cobalt for battery cathode materials.
LEM’s flagship asset is the Woxna Graphite production facility located in central Sweden targeting the supply of specialty materials for lithium-ion battery production. LEM currently operates in four divisions; Graphite, Lithium, Rare Earth and Cobalt. Our divisions all have assets in Northern Europe.
Why Leading Edge Materials?
LEM presents a unique investment opportunity in European lithium-ion battery raw materials.
- High-Growth Sector – well positioned to supply critical raw materials to the high-growth low-carbon energy sector
- Right Location – well placed to play role in the raw material needs of Europe with assets and teams in the safe and stable Nordic region
- Unique Asset Mix – focused on graphite, lithium, cobalt, REEs and tungsten
- Skilled & Experienced Team – highly experienced management and operating teams. The LEM team have a demonstrated potential to access the capital required for project development
Share Price Performance
Blair Way – President, CEO & Director
Mark Saxon – Director
Michael Hudson – Chairman & Director
Nick DeMare – CFO
Filip Kozlowski – Director
Graphite – Woxna Graphite Mine (Sweden) High Purity Project
- Modern, fully-permitted, operational graphite production facility, with measured and indicated resource of 7.7Mt @ 9.3% graphite
- Permitted for up to 100Kt per annum feed, producing up to 94% C concentrate
- Test work to produce high purity graphite for emerging markets has been successful. Optimisation work is on-going
- Excellent infrastructure: road, power, ports, water and services
- Unique ability to underpin a secure and sustainable European graphite supply chain.
- Recent HPC test results on 18,650 cells made using Woxna graphite concentrate has yielded excellent results for automotive-grade battery material
- LEM is working with graphite end users in the LIB market to align product specification targets with their requirements
- Engineering and optimisation of the value add process to produce high-value battery-grade materials is well advanced
Rare Earth Elements – Norra Kärr REE Project (Sweden)
- Norra Kärr is a nepheline syenite intrusion which is 300m wide, 800m long and begins at surface
- One of the world’s largest heavy REE resources, with the capacity to supply all of Europe’s heavy REE requirements for more than 20 years
- Norra Kärr is a large, well-drilled resource that begins from surface to at least 300m depth
- Extensive metallurgical testwork completed indicating ore can be processed via a simple flowsheet with high recovery
- Resource grade of 0.61% TREO. 52% HREO/TREO = high basket price
- Comprehensive Pre-Feasibility Study (PFS) completed in Q1 2015:
- 1.18Mt/year @ 0.59% grade REO
- 20 year mine life
- Low CAPEX
- Assuming a 10% discount rate, US$313 million after-tax NPV @ 10%; IRR of 20%; Payback: 4.9 years
- CAPEX: US$378.2 million; OPEX: US$20/kg REO Ave
Lithium – Bergby Lithium Project (Sweden)
- Newly discovered lithium project in central Sweden, less than 100km from the Woxna graphite mine and close to major infrastructure.
- Bergby lies in central Sweden, 25km north of the town of Gävle, secured by three exploration licenses that cover a total of 1,903 Ha.
- Assay results from 41 boulders, where Li2O (lithium oxide) averaged 1.06% and ranged from 0.03% to 4.56%; and Ta2O5 (tantalum pentoxide) averaged 168ppm and ranged from 1 ppm to 499 ppm.
- The site is close to infrastructure, with major roads, rail and power supply passing immediately adjacent to the claim boundaries.
- Bergby has now been tested by a total of 1525m of drilling in 33 drillholes to a maximum depth of 131.1m over an approximate 1500m strike length.
- Drilling intersected regular high lithium grades ranging from 1% Li2O over 20m to 2.5% Li2O over 10 m.
- Some of the lastest holes have also revealed high tantalum grades over 300ppm Ta2O5.
Cobalt – Kontio Cobalt Project (Finland)
- Leading Edge Materials cobalt-copper project
- Four main prospects – Pattasoja, Ristisuo, Maaninkajoki, and Maitokoski – secured within Leading Edge Materials’ 30,800 Ha Kontio-Sarvivaara reservation
- Numerous indications of high grade cobalt
- Modern geophysical methods provide an excellent opportunity to quickly develop high priority targets
PHONE: +1 60 4699-0202
[easy-social-share buttons=”facebook,twitter,google,linkedin,print,mail” counters=0 style=”icon” template=”clear-retina” nospace=”yes”]