IOCG Wedge Holes Provide Exceptional Visual Sulphides
Coda Minerals Limited (ASX: COD) , in conjunction with joint venture partner Torrens Mining Limited, has successfully completed the first two wedge holes from the recently drilled deep IOCG exploration hole DD21EB0018.
This hole was drilled to test the Emmie Bluff Deeps IOCG target, which forms part of the company’s broader Elizabeth Creek Project in the heart of the Olympic Copper Province in South Australia.
Coda is the operator and majority owner of the Elizabeth Creek Project, holding a 70% interest. Torrens holds the remaining 30% interest.
Wedge 1, drilled to the west and achieving a separation of approximately 36-42m at the main mineralised horizon, encountered a similar sequence of mineralisation to that observed in DD21EB0018. On average individual mineralised zones were narrower, but more intensely mineralised (i.e., with a greater average abundance of copper sulphides).
Like the parent hole, these mineralised zones were within a broad envelope of IOCG-type alteration, with an overall slightly lower tenor than the parent hole, including a lower prevalence of bornite relative to the parent hole.
This was associated with lower intensity of pathfinder elements (primarily lanthanum and cerium) in the overlying haematite “cap”. Wedge 2, drilled to the south-east and achieving a separation of between 65 and 82m at the main mineralised horizon, encountered similar thicknesses of mineralisation at the main mineralised zone, but with a substantially higher tenor of mineralisation, being dominated by bornite and covellite.
This hole also encountered a second strongly mineralised horizon, again dominated by bornite, from approximately 902m to 915m down-hole, which was absent in the parent hole.
This increase in the tenor of mineralisation was associated with a higher intensity of pathfinder elements in the overlying haematite “cap”, and a significant increase in the thickness of this cap. Coda’s technical team believes that these results indicate the presence of a mineralising structure to the east of DD21EB0018, potentially in close proximity to the hole.
This hypothesis is being tested with immediate follow-up drilling (see below for further details). DD21EB0018 On the 9th of June 2021, Coda announced preliminary results from DD21EB0018, a vertical diamond drill-hole designed to test the Emmie Bluff Deeps prospect.
The hole encountered a sequence of approximately 200m of intensely haematitic and altered sediments and granites starting from 666m, including approximately 50m of moderate to intense copper sulphide mineralisation starting from 796.5m. This material has been submitted for assay at Bureau Veritas in Adelaide. The results are still pending from the laboratory. Coda expects that assays will be released before the end of July.
A total of four diamond drill rigs are currently drilling on site across Emmie Bluff and Emmie Bluff
For further information please visit: https://www.codaminerals.com/