Intersects Offset Extensions At Empire Main Deposit At Odienné Project
Awalé Resources Limited (TSXV: ARIC) has discovered new mineralised offset extensions to the Empire Main gold deposit at the Odienné Project in Côte d’Ivoire, West Africa.
CEO, Glen Parsons, said the diorite mineralisation now has potential for an open strike length of 900m . Results have now been received for 13 Reverse Circulation (RC) holes for 1,224m that were drilled over the Empire Gap and Empire Western extension targets.
Highlights of this programme are:
- At Empire Gap, which is located approximately 150m S of Empire Main, significant widths of interpreted en-echelon offsets of the Empire Main-style gold mineralization have been intersected
- Drillhole OERC-102 was collared 150m SSE of Empire Main and has intersected 55m interval of the Empire Main host diorite with the same brittle ductile deformation and associated alteration.
- OERC-102 is the first hole in this newly discovered zone and intercepts are comparable to holes at Empire Main that are marginal to high grade plunge (OEDD-28 or OEDD-3 on the west side of plunging mineralisation at Empire Main or OEDD-27 to the east). The intercept in OERC-102 is a four-fold increase in diorite width intercepted in up dip hole OERC-16 (7.0mat 0.3 grams per tonne gold (g/t Au)).
- OERC-102 drilled 7m at 0.4g/t Au from 80m downhole including 1m at 1.3 g/t Au from 80m downhole, and 1m at 2.8 g/t Au from 108m.
- New, deeper step out drilling east of OERC-102 will be targeted at a similar elevation and has been designed to extend the strike of gold mineralisation by 200m.
- Holes drilled 100m and 200m east of OERC-102 have also intercepted gold mineralisation (drillholes OERC-103/OERC-104 and OERC110 to 112). Mineralisation intercepted in these holes is coincident with metre scale diorite occurrences within a mylonite and volcanic sequence. These holes are interpreted to have been drilled over or above the larger diorite body.
- Further mineralised intrusions with intermediate composition have also been intercepted to the NW (Empire West target) with hole OERC-106 returning: OERC-106: 3m at 1.8 g/t Au from 21m
Drilling has just recommenced at Odienné with these targets to be tested at equivalent vertical depths to OERC-102 (80- 100m – see Long Section). This drilling is targeting high grade mineralisation on 200m of open strike east of OERC-102.
“We are thrilled to have found the offset extensions to the east and west of the Empire Main mineralisation,” Mr Parsons said.
“The team will now continue to carefully follow and target further high-grade mineralisation along the newly discovered Empire Gap zone.
“Furthermore, intercepting mineralisation in the NW offset drilling also reinforces the postulated right stepping en-echelon framework for the Empire Main and supports a new 900m long footprint for the Empire Main mineralisation.
“As of this weekend the drill is turning again at the Empire project, and the team looks forward to further defining the new Empire discoveries as well as the recently reported high grade mineralisation at the Charger Prospect.
“These new brownfield and greenfield targets highlight the gold prospectivity of the Empire Corridor and the greater Odienné Project, emphasizing the team’s ability to continue building gold ounces at Odienné.
“We look forward to announcing results from the recently completed 4385m of drilling over five new targets from the Kodio and Samanda trends at the Bondoukou Project. As well as the new drilling just underway at Empire and Charger as they become available.”
For further information please visit: http://awaleresources.com/