New 450m Long Zone In Morocco
Altus Strategies Plc (AIM: ALS, TSX-V: ALTS) has discovered further copper and silver mineralisation at the company’s 100% owned Agdz project, located 14km southwest of the Bou Skour copper and silver mine in the eastern Anti-Atlas of the Kingdom of Morocco
- New 450m long zone at Makarn North Prospect with grades up to 3.50 % Cu and 308 g/t Ag
- Discovery follows the previously announced ‘predictive mapping’ project
- Programmes at other prospects continue to generate encouraging results including:
- 3.59 % Cu and 149 g/t Ag from 1.4km long Makarn South Prospect
- 4.67 % Cu and 308 g/t Ag from 1.4km long Makarn North Prospect
- 2.45 % Cu and 2.25 % Cu from 2km long Amzwaro prospect
- 2.12 % Cu and 1.99 % Cu from 150m long Miniére Prospect
- Mapping and Induced Polarisation geophysical survey (IP) to be undertaken in Q1 2021
Chief Executive, Steven Poulton, said the most recent exploration programme at Agdz focussed on targets defined by the predictive mapping programme undertaken in partnership with the Bureau de Recherches Géologiques et Minières (BRGM) campus at the University of Orléans in France.
“We are delighted to report on further discoveries at the Makarn North prospect, as well as continued positive exploration results elsewhere on our 100 % owned Agdz copper-silver project, located in the Eastern Anti-Atlas of Morocco,” Mr Poulton said.
“Makarn North comprises a 1.4km long prospect, with grades up to 4.67 % Cu and 308 g/t Ag from surface sampling. The discoveries are a result of the previously announced and pioneering ‘predictive mapping’ programme undertaken by Altus in partnership with the BRGM Campus at the University of Orléans in France. =
“Agdz is located just 14km southwest of the Bou Skour copper and silver mine, which is operated by Moroccan state mining group Managem. While mineralisation hosted at Bou Skour is not necessarily indicative of that at Agdz, the Project is clearly exceptionally well located in an established and highly prospective mining district.
“The next phase of work at Agdz will include an IP geophysical survey to define targets for trenching and ultimately drill testing. We look forward to updating shareholders on progress in due course.”