From mine to battery pack then back again
Stock Code: ASX: LIT
Company Exposure: Lithium Production, Battery Cathodes, Battery Recycling
Project Locations: Australia
Lithium Australia NL (or ‘the Company’) aspires to ‘close the loop’ on the energy-metal cycle by furnishing the lithium battery industry with ethical and sustainable supply solutions.
The Company’s proprietary technology includes its:
• SiLeach® and LieNA® lithium extraction processes;
• nanotechnology for superior cathode powder production, courtesy of its 100%-owned subsidiary VSPC Ltd (‘VSPC’);
• enhanced recycling techniques for spent batteries, especially Liion batteries, courtesy of its 90%-owned subsidiary Envirostream
Australia Pty Ltd (‘Envirostream’), and distribution of battery energy-storage systems (‘ESS’) in Australasia, via its 50%-owned subsidiary Soluna Australia Pty Ltd (‘Soluna’).
Lithium Australia’s aim, ultimately, is to establish a circular and therefore sustainable battery economy.
• Global resource and exploration portfolio.
• Low-energy extraction of lithium from hard-rock sources with no roasting necessary.
• Advanced cathode powders and sales of energy-storage systems in Oceania.
• Battery recycling to enhance sustainability
• Currently, Lithium Australia is focusing on near-term revenue from those of its business units closest to generating income; that is, Envirostream
(battery recycling) and Soluna (sales of battery ESS in Australasia).
• Envirostream expects significant revenue growth in the 2021 financial year, as a result of:
» its commissioning of new copper and aluminum recovery circuits;
» expansion of its battery collection initiatives, and
» the impending implementation of a national battery stewardship scheme designed to commoditise spent batteries and in so doing discourage their disposal to landfill.
• Soluna anticipates positive cash flow in the near future, augmented by:
» receipt of approvals for its battery ESS from Australia’s Clean Energy Council;
» increasing numbers of installations of its products for domestic applications, and
» strong interest in its products for commercial and industrial applications