LEVERAGING CAMBODIA’S UNDEREXPLORED MINERAL WEALTH TO
BUILD A PROFITABLE AND SUSTAINABLE EXPLORATION COMPANY
Gold, Silver, Copper
TSXV : ANK
Angkor Gold Corp. is the first North American publicly-traded mineral exploration company in Cambodia. Angkor operates as a project generator, selecting strong partners to advance each of our multiple prospects towards a sustainable recurring revenue stream. Our focus is on gold and copper assets in this resource-rich but underexplored country.
While we continue to explore primarily for gold and copper, we have closed on over 10 deals since 2012 with a value of approximately US$23 million. We leverage our greatest assets – extensive experience gained over 10 years in-country, a huge land package with multiple prospects, and the ability of our team to close deals. Using these skills we explore and develop our assets with a view to advancing our numerous projects and generating cash and a stake in the future production of each prospect for sustained value creation.
In addition to being the first publicly-traded North American exploration company in Cambodia, Angkor Gold continues to capitalize on two key advantages:
- Almost 1,000 km² land package with multiple prospects
- A strong management team that can create, negotiate and close deals
Since 2012 our team has closed on more than ten deals worth over US$23 Million. We continue to leverage our key strengths to provide sustainable value to our investors:
- Project generation
- Exploration and advancement
- Closing strategic agreements with major companies
- Government and local support from the lowest to highest levels
- Unique regional geological knowledge
- Valued community CSR programs
Banlung – The Banlung License hosts the Okalla East and Okalla West gold properties. A multi-year US$3.65 MM Earn-In and exploration funding agreement was signed September, 2018 with Hommy Resources.
Oyadao South (Halo) – is approximately 247 km2. The Oyadao South License contains several gold-copper targets, including the Halo Prospect. Exploration is funded through a US$3 MM Earn-In Agreement with JOGMEC (Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation).
Koan Nheak (189 km2) – lies immediately south of Banlung in the northeast of Mondulkiri Province and is subject to a USD $2.2 MM Earn-In Agreement with Australian Emerald Resources NL (ASX: EMR).
Phum Sayrung NSR – Mesco’s Phum Sayrung gold mine site is within Angkor’s Oyadao South license. It was sold to Mesco Gold (Cambodia) Co. Ltd for US$1.8 MM cash plus a free-carry 2.0-7.5% sliding scale NSR. Mining License and permits issued to Mesco in September, 2016 and mining infrastructure at Phum Syarung is now in advanced stage of construction. Recent Angkor geologist grab samples from site tested at up to 40.2 GPT gold.
Andong Meas – has 8 distinct prospective gold prospects identified to date within the 188 km2. Further sampling planned to design a drill program to test Wild Boar plus reconnaissance of old colonial mines at Canada Wall.
Oyadao – is a 222 km2 license area near the Vietnam border and is immediately adjacent to Mesco’s Phum Syarung mine site.
Share Price Performance
Directors & Management
Mike Weeks – Executive Chairman
Stephen Burega – President, Chief Executive Officer and Director
John Paul Dau – President
Dennis Ouellette, P.Geo. – VP Exploration
Stephen Lautens – VP Corporate Affairs
Cambodian Licenses And Project Locations
Banlung (Okalla East & West)
- US $3.65 Million Earn-In and exploration funding agreement announced September 19, 2018 with Hommy 5 Resources Inc., a Canadian private resources company.
- Banlung hosts Okalla West and Okalla East with gold mineralization associated with an alkaline intrusive complex.
- US $1.2 MM spent on exploration in 2017.
- 2011 drill hole BL11-026 included an intercept of high grade gold at Okalla East of 86.0 gpt Au over 1m, at 101m to 102m.
- 562.2m of drilling completed in 2017, with 439.2m at Okalla West & 123.0m at Okalla East.
- Drilling confirms the existence of gold veins in faults at Okalla West.
- Okalla East mineralization is epithermal veins overprinting what is believed to be a porphyry copper gold molybdenum style occurrence. Bonanza grade gold has been encountered from surface float and drilling.
- Subject to an Earn-In Agreement with Australian-based gold company, Emerald Resources NL (ASX: EMR) owner of the nearby Okvau gold mine through its Cambodian subsidiary Renaissance Minerals (Cambodia) Ltd.
- Investment by Emerald of US$2 MM in exploration & development expenditures over 2 years to acquire a 51% participating interest in Koan Nheak.
- Two local structural corridors have been identified. The first corridor consists of dikes and narrow quartz veins. The second & main structural corridor is along the emplacement of the diorite striking N-S with tensional NW fracturing striking.
- The primary mineralization is gold in quartz veins and hydrothermal breccia. There is an apparent association with Cu, Ag, Pb, Zn, and Mo.
- Subject to a US$3.0 million exploration funding agreement with Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC), Japan’s national exploration arm.
- The approximately 247 km2 Oyadao South License contains several prospects, including the copper-molybdenum porphyry systems at Halo Prospect.
- Approx. US$1 million spent on exploration in 2017.
- Phase One exploration included 1,578 m of drilling in four holes, 41.6 km of surface IP lines, downhole IP on all four completed drill holes, and IP core testing on 157 samples from all four drill holes.
- Expanded US$1.425 MM exploration Phase 2 program in 2018.
- 2017 drill hole HAL17-001D showed an intercept of 2345 ppm Cu, 1.34 g/t Ag, and 261.4 ppm Mo over 88.9m, including an intercept of 8043 ppm Cu, 2.24 g/t Ag, and 320.7 ppm Mo over 7.9m.
- Oyadao South surrounds the Phum Syarung Mine Site, a 12 km2 parcel sold to Mesco Gold (Cambodia) Co. Ltd for $1.8 MM cash plus a free-carry 2.0-7.5% sliding scale NSR.
- Mining License and permits issued to Mesco in September, 2016.
- Mining infrastructure at Phum Syarung now in advanced stage of construction.
- Recent Angkor geologist grab samples from site tested at up to 40.2 GPT gold.
Andong Meas (“Well of Gold”)
- 8 distinct prospective gold prospects have been identified to date within the 188 km2 project area.
- Grab samples have returned gold values ranging up to 20+ g/t Au.
- Extensive small to medium scale artisanal mining as well as river panning has taken place across the license.
- License area has been the subject of an aeromagnetic survey, satellite imagery geological interpretation, with reconnaissance field truth mapping and multi- element stream sediment geochemical survey.
- Identified as a copper gold molybdenum porphyry style system.
- Several target areas have already been defined, including the Canada Wall and South Creek porphyry copper moly gold systems, the Colonial and Wild Boar epithermal gold systems, and a number of less well defined gold targets surrounding the porphyry centres.
- Planned work includes further sampling to design a drill program to test Wild Boar plus reconnaissance of old colonial mines at Canada Wall.