KHARMAGTAI IS A MAJOR NEW HIGH-GRADE COPPER-GOLD DISCOVERY THAT IS ATTRACTING GLOBAL ATTENTION
Xanadu Mines Ltd (ASX: XAM) is copper and gold exploration company with several advanced exploration projects in Mongolia’s highly mineralised and vastly underexplored south Gobi region. Xanadu controls one of the most promising porphyry copper-gold projects in Asia with Kharmagtai, and has an expanding portfolio of exploration projects including Oyut Ulaan and Sharchuluut Uul.
The Company is increasing its exploration budget and programs to aggressively pursue these promising opportunities and is the only company doing so in Asia. Xanadu has experienced team of professionals with track record of discovery and value creation.
SIGNIFICANT DISCOVERY IN A WORLD CLASS DISTRICT
>> Kharmagtai is growing into a globally significant copper‐gold discovery
ESTABLISHED PORTFOLIO OF ADVANCED PROJECTS
>> Multiple porphyry copper‐gold projects with genuine potential
EXPERIENCED BOARD & IN COUNTRY MANAGEMENT TEAM
>> High‐calibre team with a proven record of discovery in Mongolia & globally
FINANCED FOR SIGNIFICANT NEWS FLOW
>> Approximately A$9.1m in cash to support aggressive drilling
Share Price Performance
Kevin Tomlinson – Non-Executive Chairman
Andrew Stewart – Managing Director and CEO
Ganbayar Lkhagvasuren – Executive Director
Hannah Badenach – Non-Executive Director
Darryl Clark – Ind. Non-Executive Director
Marcus Engelbrecht – Non-Executive Director
Michele Muscillo – Ind. Non-Executive Director
Asia Capital and Advisors – 25.07%
Noble Resources International – 8.00%
Bank of Nova Scotia and 1832 Asset Management – 6.84%
Fastlane Australia – 5.73%
Receive Company Updates
- Oyut Ulaan
- Ulaan Sharchuluut Uul
KHARMAGTAI PORPHYRY CU‐AU DISTRICT
Significant Discovery Attracting Attention
First porphyry Cu mineralisation
1995‐1998: QGX Gold
Early exploration focused on the shallow gold mineralisation
2001‐2006: Ivanhoe Mines
Exploration focused on outcropping porphyry mineralisation – drill holes were shallow and closely spaced
2015 & Beyond: Xanadu Mines
Exceptional exploration success – recent drilling intercepts >650m or greater at +1% copper equivalent. Start the commercialisation process to the benefit of Xanadu’s shareholders of this world class Cu‐Au discovery
Kharmagtai – Shallow High‐grade Gold‐rich Mineralisation
High‐Grade Tourmaline Breccia Mineralisation
- Located within the Dornogovi Province of southern Mongolia approx. 420km southeast of Ulaanbaatar.
- Porphyry mineralisation associated with late-stage monzonite and quartz diorite porphyry dykes and stocks emplaced on the flanks of the Oyut Ulaan Intrusive Complex (OUIC).
- Alteration and mineralisation at Oyut Ulaan is characterised by multiple co-genetic copper-gold porphyry centres, tourmaline breccia pipes and copper-gold/base metal magnetite skarns.
- Exploration has defined broad zones of strong quartz stockwork veining and associated high-grade gold mineralisation (typically around 0.5 to >5 g/t gold and 0.3 to 1.5% copper).
- Geology, strength of alteration and style of mineralisation also suggest that the mineralisation will extend at depth.
Ulaan Sharchluut Uul
- Located within the Bulgan Province of Northern Mongolia, approximately 230km northwest of Ulaanbaatar.
- Cluster of porphyry related lithocaps occuring within a 15km northwest oriented corridor of porphyry-related alteration and mineralization.
- This is at the north-western extremity of the Selenge Porphyry belt which hosts the Erdenet copper-molybdenum deposit.
- Several siliceous ledges occur within massive chalcedonic silicification, residual silica, quartz-alunite-diaspore and quartz-pyrophyllite.
- All alteration types are stained by jarocite and clearly have appreciable pyrite contents at shallow depths.
- Alteration and field relationships suggest a high level of formation above a deeper porphyry intrusion.